Sunday, January 27, 2013

Too creative to have a 9-5 life.

Too creative to have a 9am-5pm life.

I am exhausted, physically and mentally. The last time I looked at the clock it was 5:00pm. I look now, It is 8:00pm. I must really go to sleep very very soon. It is 11:00pm...Okay I shall sleep at 12:00pm... It is 1:00am and I cannot stop thinking. My thoughts flow, my mind ticks.

Ever felt that before? When thoughts, ideas and imagery just seeps through your mind and you cannot stop it. It is late at night, and all you want to do is sleep, all you want to do is dream and wake up fresh the next morning, but you know it isn't going to happen. You know you are going to wake up even more exhausted, even more grumpier BUT you will smile to your self and get writing and thinking about the ideas that flowed while you sat in bed for hours, plotting, designing, creating, shooting and writing, all from the very comfort of your bed.

I often find my self, exhausted, and deciding to have an early night, but my mind has other plans. I will literally  lay in bed for hours, sometimes I will even be awake at 5am in the morning... Just thinking. Thinking of magical ideas, I still haven't had the chance to pursuit them, but I hope one day...One day the sleepless nights will be worth it.

Here are some images I did for a module called Experimental. It was a response to an exhibition I went too. The feeling of no sense of direction, not knowing where you are and only the imagination could create some sort of refuge.  A porthole into another world for we cannot see what is happening in this world.

See you soon my fellow dreamers.
Frozen Vanity xox

No comments:

Post a Comment