Friday, March 2, 2012

Travel- Its Oxygen to me (Part 1)

Travel- Its Oxygen to me
Hello my lovely Readers once again, 
Here are some random photos I took a while back. I really love night photography and only really got a chance to do it recently when I got my self a tripod. Hope you all like them! 


I have traveled allot though out my life, I got my first passport when I was 3 months old- my mother holding me from under my dress in a studio as I looked blankly in to the camera.

I remember when I was younger, my dad driving literally in the middle of nowhere on what I could barely call a road, and I, staring out the window watching the giraffes pass by and the buffalos minding their own business as they chewed away at the grass, the lioness sitting on a rock minding her cubs, the little children singing nursery rhymes and playing with their homemade toys that would rattle and ping away, their shining white teeth standing out as they giggled and them running their fingers through my unusually soft and thin hair. I remember the smell of the smoke from barbecue’s, the water fights, climbing the front gate, birthday parties and the acres of land we had, where we would ride on our three goats and the tortoise and play with our two dogs and 12 puppies. I was in Africa.
I remember drinking fresh smoothies as the heat raised; beeps and screeches as the cars dodged each other on the streets and the sound of the air-conditioning lingering as I fell asleep, the 5am horse riding and yoga classes before class, riding on the elephants as we rode through a jungle, followed by a later swim with the thousands of elephants in the nearby river. I remember the walks in the evening as the sun would set, smuggling food to feed the stray dogs, sitting on the tree that was so old the roots had multiplied, staying in a 3star hotel to a 5star luxury hotel, my feet cooling on the marble floors, the geckos that would come out to play at night. The white pure temples, the monkeys that would follow me, I was in India.
The holiday spent listening to the same two songs I had on my mobile, eating ice cream and pizza every day, watching tv in a different language, visiting the land built on water,hiking up a mountain then getting lost for hours as we navigated ourway through the narrow streets. I was in Italy.

Waves so high it knocked me over, slush puppies, shorts and tank tops every day, watching how candles were created into intricate shapes, bumping into the same family we befriended occasionally, service station chaos as the sugar was mistaken for salt for our ‘fries’. I was in Spain.
 “All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.” – Samuel Johnson


I think the best thing that has ever happened to me and something I am so grateful for was the ability to travel to so many places. I have met so many different people and experienced so many different things and it has opened my mind and created many opportunities for me and to others who have also travelled!

Part 2 to be continued next Friday!
See you all soon and dont forget about the Daily dose of inspiration!

Frozen Vanity xox

Contact me for Bookings Twitter | Tumblr | Flickr  | Instagram: @frozenvanity  

1 comment:

  1. I adored reading your blog, thank you thank you thank you, ... Africa sounds amazing, i got the travel but too, hhh, apart from the flying part, i too enjoyed meeting with new ppl and the sites, smells and sounds and not forgetting the foods mmmmmm, are experiences that are both heart rendering and unforgettable .. cant wait for part " .. M Ali xoxox

    ReplyDelete